- Credit Union Data Solutions
CFS Services empower you to better serve your people
CFS Insight client services are the foundational piece of the CFS data process. Each service supports a different phase of a project lifecycle.
- Credit Union Data Solutions
Data Services: Part of the process
What role do CFS Insight’s services play in achieving your overall data initiative?
First, they provide you with a partner to guide you through the often complex nature data projects. Second, CFS Insight has deep experience in both credit union business/operations and data management and data analytics. This allows you to be confident that your partner understands nuances specific to the industry.
But, most importantly, these services are just a part of the proven process that CFS has developed for more than a decade of working with high-performing credit unions.
CFS Insight Data Services
Business Intelligence (BI) Discovery
About BI Discovery
CFS Insight’s BI Discovery is a series of consultations that result in a plan for your BI data project. It will clarify your business objectives, expected outcomes, and key success metrics. It will discover opportunities in your credit union to automate manual processes. The BI Discovery will also provide a baseline for clear estimates and a realistic timeline.
- Short, productive 4 – 8 week engagement
- Clarify business objective and expected outcomes
- Establish KPIs and success measures for continued improvement
- Provide a basis for clear estimate and timeline expectations to be provided
- Estable efficiency through best practices from other highly successful peer credit unions
- Quickly experience ROI through automation of your credit union’s manual processes
BI Discovery Deliverables
The tangible outcome of the BI Discovery is either:
- 1-year tactical plan for your business intelligence initiatives.
- 3-year strategic plan complete with technology, staffing, and strategic initiative recommendations.
Customized Data Integration
About Customized Data Integration
Often, credit unions will have data from unique sources that need to be integrated into a data warehouse or integrated into a 3rd-party system (CRM, CECL Compliance, Product & Member analytics, etc.).
The CFS Insight team has the expert experience in credit union data integrations to help you build the custom connections you need. Here are some example integrations:
- Student Loan systems/files
- Wealth Management firms
- Insurance firms
- Budget files
- Sales Force/Marketo/Hubspot Extract
- nCino Visible Equity/Sageworks Extract
- Axiom Extract
Advantages of Custom Integrations
Your credit union is just as unique as the community you serve. That means every credit union will have specific needs that set you apart from your peers. But, the software or technology that makes your data needs unique, does not need to keep you from creating a data-decision-making environment.
Providing solutions to your custom integration needs will provide:
- Richer view of data for reporting
- Clean and validated data
- Time savings from automating manual processes
- Consistent and reliable data for report development
- Critical data extracts for compliance, targeted member campaigns, forecasting, and more
- Data Solution Success Stories
What CFS Insight Clients Are Saying…
Director of Information Services
SELCO Community Credit Union
Enterprise Report/Dashboard Development
About Report/Dashboard Development
When you need to empower your credit union to utilize data to make better decisions, the right dashboard or report is crucial. Making your data intuitively visible and readable is important to successful adoption of your BI initiative.
CFS Insight’s credit union-specific business and data experience provides you with a partner that is uniquely positioned to help you. CFS consultants will walk with you to design, implement, and deploy the most impactful reports and dashboards to meet your goals.
This process usually follows the implementation of one or more data connectors or custom integration projects to provide access to clean, usable data.
CFS Reporting & Dashboard Benefits
The CFS reporting and dashboard process will often involve training and supporting your staff, empowering them to develop their own set of tools over time.
Anticipate the following benefits from Report/Dashboard development with CFS:
- Data development partner with credit union business/systems expertise
- Deeper insight and actionable info for your credit union business user
- Internal ability to quickly generate custom reports and dashboards
- Over-the-shoulder mentoring to help your team be self-sufficient
- Additional development resources when you need them
CFS Insight Coaching Workshops
About Coaching Workshops
As your team expands its reporting, dashboard, and analysis capabilities, CFS can provide focused sessions to support your efforts. In these session your team might bring reporting challenges, new data integration projects, or business questions requiring analytical thinking and data modeling.
The CFS team will collaborate with your credit union team to problem solve together, coaching them on new techniques and solutions that will further your internal capabilities.
Coach Workshop Format
These coaching session can be a short 2-hour web conference call to address very specific topics or questions. Or, they can be multi-day on-site events that focus on challenges that require uninterrupted focus. But, regardless of the timing or topic, CFS will always be ready to support you and empower your team to rise to any challenge.
Examples of past CFS coaching workshops topics:
- Dashboard / Report Development With Power BI / TIBCO Spotfire
- Analytical Problem Solving with Power BI / TIBCO Spotfire
- Custom SQL / SSRS Report and Data Integration Development
Benefits of a CFS Coaching Session:
- Focused collaborative sessions to solve challenges quickly
- Use of relevant credit union data based on real experiences
- Focus on coaching and training your team on problem-solving techniques
- Customized based on your credit unions specific reporting/integration/analytical needs
- Leverage CFS Insight’s credit union-specific experience to solve both common and uncommon analytical problems
Guided Analytic Consulting
About Guided Analytic Consulting
Sometimes you need to solve a specific data problem that goes beyond your internal resources. The CFS Insight team will help you model complex data sets to provide clarity for your business needs. Unlike a Coaching Workshop (see above), an analytic consulting project puts the CFS team to work developing and refining the data models and presents the findings/recommendations to your team to implement. Examples of past analytic consulting projects include:
- Elder Abuse
- Fee Analysis
- Negative Share Risk Analysis
- New Member Redirect
Benefits of a Guilded Analytic Consulting project:
- Avoid disrupting your team by collaborating with the CFS Insight team
- Recieve proven credit union analytic studies that address your critical business questions
- Excelerate your insight due to CFS’s pre-existing modeling code and credit union profiles
- CFS Insight Data Process
The CFS Insight way to unlocking your credit union data
CFS Insight Process
Evaluate & Discovery
CFS Insight will act as a guide helping you clarify your goals as they share experiences of other credit unions who have addressed similar challenges. Align your initiative with your leadership’s expectations and confirm that the cost / effort are worth the investment.
Create & Deploy
CFS will facilitate the installation, configuration and customization of its software and services in your deployment. Training and knowledge transfer to your team starts immediately and continues through the execution phase.
Engage & Onboard
Engage the business stakeholders as the pilot using the insights available. CFS will coach your team on techniques to help end users gain comfort, trust and excitement in leveraging your new capabilities.
Support & Review
CFS Insights’ responsive and consultative support is the key gaining valuable feedback and suggestions for improvement from end users. It is the basis for planning enhancements that will distinguish your initiative as one that they rave about vs. talk about.
Red Canoe Credit Union Elevates Strategic Decision-Making with Data Integration & Power BI Data Connectors Download Red Canoe Credit Union Case Study PDF > Company
SELCO Community Credit Union Demystiﬁes Data & Empowers Managers to Make Data-Driven Decisions with Power BI Download SELCO Credit Union Case Study PDF > Company
Company Overview MSU Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU), the world’s largest university-based credit union serves both Michigan State University and Oakland University communities. Founded in 1937